Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Back Tracking....

It's been a long time since I consistently blogged and I finally uploaded all the pictures from my old phone onto my computer.  So now I can successfully back track.  Why doesn't that sound as successful as I feel?  Back tracking...but still getting it posted.  As this blog is the boys virtual baby book (I do have real physical baby books too!!) I want to back track a little in order to record their history.  Their little lives that seem to glide by too quickly.
So let's back track a bit to Eli's first grade year!

Here are the first day pictures......





And here are the end of the year photos






So let's just ignore the fact that Hughie's belly got much smaller over that last year....and see how much more of a boy Eli looks.  A kid.  A person with a personality--and getting SO smart.  Too smart.  This last year he learned about trust, and how to question others to make sure they are telling him the honest truth.  He went through (and we survived) a very strong Star Wars obsession.  He developed a love for Minecraft.  He got 100% on every spelling test except one!  We read the first Harry Potter book together and watched the first movie.  He lost more teeth.  He grew more inches.  He became more ...aware...of everything, continues to learn about responsibility and respect--concepts that can never be modeled enough all over this world.  He made new friends.  Ate a bunch of pizza, burgers and apples. He started drinking water at meals instead of milk and attempted to teach me a thing or two about nutrition (from what he learned in class).  He is still a joy.  My first born.



If you ever get a letter signed "From Eli R"...this is why.  This is the other Eli in his class...Eli H.  One of his favorites.  

End of the year picnic

Eli's first grade teachers.  



He's already in the middle of his 2nd grade year.  Gulp!!!!

No comments: