Mother's Day is upon us. That is when Andy asks me what I want to do for the day. Have you read any of those articles that describe what really happens on Mother's Day? They are
true funny. Sleeping in---brunch--no changing diapers--alone time--opening a gift?? There is pressure to spend time with all your kids and still make it different from every, other day that isn't in your honor. (For example, on Father's Day Andy usually chooses to go golfing-but not with the kids). It's a sticky spot because I also have a mother-thank goodness. And part of me wants to spend my time with her-celebrating her!!!! As I gain experience as a mother, each and every day, I say a silent (huge) thank you to my mom. Thank you for every single little and big sacrifice she made. I always try to add in (never enough) I'm sorry's for how I acted when she was in the trenches. So! If you are as blessed as me, to be a mom and still have a mom, and a mom-in-law...I hope you enjoy the whole weekend in whatever way you truly desire.
1 comment:
haha. love this! i hope your mother's day was as wonderful as you are!
Post a Comment