Friday, April 15, 2016

Library Lego

Both Eli and Hugh love to do Lego's.  Recently they have taken a back burner to romping around the house and wrestling with each other.  I think it is just the long cold spring we are enduring.  But our huge box of Lego's remains front and center in our living room-just waiting patiently for them to dive in and get reacquainted and re-obsessed with.  Eli is constantly saving for the next huge Lego kit and has even recently started to do extra jobs around the house to earn 25 cents here, a dollar there.  If he could, he would beg anyone and everyone for extra money for his next kit.  He says "But mom! I need that Lego kit so I can get busy".  I guess the "go get busy" statement is heard by him.

A few weeks ago our library held a Lego building session for kids over the age of 4.  Every once in a while I will see it on the calendar for activities at the library but it always fell during nap time.  Well...now that Hugh Lou is not napping daily I thought it would be a great activity for them to do together and luckily Andy's parents were here to take them with Andy.  I stayed home.  They had a great time.

AND! Since the library is our Wednesday morning activity-it didn't take long for me to find what they built ON DISPLAY.  They were both ecstatic to see what they built.  Eli's is a hotel and Hugh says his is a "blob" (but the display says it is a Rocket Ship Space Station-in Andy's handwriting).



1 comment:

Lynne said...

so exciting! big stuff :)