Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cinderella

I grew up watching Cinderella with real actors.  I am not sure when the Disney cartoon version came out, but I have yet to see the whole thing from start to finish.  So when I saw the preview for the new Cinderella that was coming to theaters this year I got real excited.  I don't have a little girl to take on this adventure, but I do have a awesome little God Daughter and friend who let me tag along.

I was looking forward to this for quite a while.  Back when I took Lily out for frozen yogurt we talked about what to pack in our purse for the movie adventure.  She wanted to bring a hat in case she got cold and also a phone in case we wanted to look at pictures during the movie.

So this past weekend we ventured to the big theater.  We let Lily pick the candy, pack her purse and pick the seats.  She didn't pack the hat or the phone, but we looked on my phone while we waited for it to start.
 



I'm not sure how magical the movie was for her because it was a bit longer in parts of no magic/cartoon etc.   But when we finally got to the magic of the fairy godmother that changed the animals and transformed Cinderella into her beautiful outfit....that was IT!!!  So special.

I'm grateful to have these girls in my life, to go on adventures with.  I'm sure many more to come.

Although she didn't have her tiara on, she had sparkly shoes!




*** As a side note, Andy was fixing the faucet and had all the water turned off which prevented me from getting a shower in before the movie.  Therefore I was wearing a black fleece and hat and that made me sad that I didn't like "cute" or "girlie" for this girl outing!

No comments: