Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Line Up

One of my friends recently told me that I need to share more cute Hughie stories.  I tried to come up with one on the spot but immediately drew a blank.  Every day I have multiple things to tell Andy about his Hugh--ishnesh ways.  But sometimes I think the cute little idiosyncrasies or ways of Hugh-Master won't be as cute to everyone else.  But my blog...yes that is a free for all.  This is more of a baby book so here goes my most recent event for Hugh's memorial.

Eli was not one of those kids that organized cars by colors or lined them up in a pretend garage. But Hugh, he is a stacker and an organizer. He likes to line things up on the edge of the table or on top of a box.  He sometimes likes to knock over the tower of blocks with his head and then giggle and do it about 10 times.  He is pretty good at it.  I love it about him.  It keeps him busy and is good for his hand/eye coordination and he loves to say "mama, watch dis" and then he peeks at me out of the corner of his eye to make SURE I watch him alllll the way through-and then he knocks down his tower.

On my birthday Andy and I went out for dinner and after the babysitter left that night we went in the kitchen.  Everything was cleaned up except for one thing.  She left Hugh's "mess".  I think she KNEW I would want to capture this.  To some this may look like just a mess.  But me-I know this is a Hugh-Master-Piece.  So cute how particular he must have been in this moment.  (Actually there are 2 parts, the green beans and the cupcake).





1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love it. I had no idea Hugh was so methodical. Both of your boys are such a blessing. JG