Remember last year when Eli completely wiped out before going into his first day of school?
Thank goodness history does NOT repeat itself.
He was preparing for school very seriously. When I asked him the night before if he wanted to talk about school or had any questions he said at least three times
"I just don't know what to do". Such a serious thinker.
He ate a huge breakfast. Belly full: check.
This year we got him to go potty before we left. We stopped to go potty on the way. Check.
No scrapes, bruises, blood, tears. Check.
Mario lunch box: check
Snack in front pocket: check
Brand new shoes: Check
It went off without a hitch. I had a lump in my throat but I survived.
The day seemed long. Around lunch time my heart pounded hard as I realized he still had MORE time to go.
When he greeted Andy and I after his first day he was still full of that mature seriousness. He informed me that he didn't finish his whole lunch, but that he ate a little bit of everything. Except his cookie. He didn't eat that. And except for his greenbeans-he ate all of those. So before going to pick up Hughie, Andy and I spent a few minutes sitting down with Eli while he ate his cookie and he decompressed. I wanted to know everything and he couldn't remember anybody's name except for the adorable gal he shares a cubby with. He had recess twice and he spent time with each teacher.
So mature those 5K kiddos are.
Don't worry. Today when I picked him up his new friend Evan came running up to him asking if he could stay and play on the playground for a while. Eli bragged about this new friend all the way home. "I asked him if he wanted to be my friend until I die". I asked him "What does that mean Eli?" and he said "I asked him that. And he said yes". Ok, serious mature 5K student.
He also reported that they played star wars on the playground with a bunch of the boys today. That made me smile. Wish I could have been a fly on that playground.
Phew. Off he goes....
4 comments:
proud of you Eli! YAY! you are off to a good start! And good work mama! Supermama you are!
proud of you Eli! YAY! you are off to a good start! And good work mama! Supermama you are!
wow. he's so TALL! loved reading about this :)
Eli is so habdsome, isn't he? He looks ready to go with GUSTO , watch what he learns in Kindergarten! Is Hugh eating breakfast?
Post a Comment