We are lucky enough to have some great friends who came from the SAME city as our "favorite place on Earth"! That's right---the place that we go to every summer for vacation is in the same town that one of our friends grew up in. AND---they invited us up for a weekend. And we took them up on it and had a great time. Eli was IN HIS GLORY. And Hugh-Master (A nickname made up by my mom and brother) was busy busy busy. Andy was also in his glory-hanging out with a really fun guy friend that we don't see as often as we should. Too bad the girls didn't get together for a group shot. We are connected by the love of food (Dietetics) in a 3 way triangle. (Deanna was in my internship and I worked with Peggy. Peggy and Deanna went to college together. And NOW we all work for the same company. Funny!)
I hope this becomes a new tradition.
There was so much gluten free goodness to be had. My first gluten free fish fry in 3 years. WOW.
There was a lot of fun to be had with the fishing pole with little red fishy attached. But the real fun was when Eli and Deanna each caught a small pan fish with a net.
Hugh and I enjoyed the wooden swing and took some selfies together.
The kids swam to the raft and back. Alone. And there were mermaid swim lessons for the girls while the boys scoped the water for shells, fish eggs and other treasures.
There were many bear stories, a few went for runs in those bear infested woods and I enjoyed being in one of my favorite places again for an extra few days.



1 comment:
I'm kinda envious... this looks so wonderful
Post a Comment