Thursday, February 27, 2014

One Life

I've been struggling lately with my own self.  Sometimes I get in these slumps where I challenge myself to figure out the hard stuff. Who am I? Where do I fit in? What is going on with this life and what am I supposed to be doing.
All those hard questions keep me from closing my eyes at night.
Andy can turn off the light and see the oceans lapping on the shores of Jamaica and fall right to sleep.  I see everything I need to do racing around behind my lids.  And if I'm not thinking about what needs to be done, I'm arguing with myself on how to figure out self acceptance.  Have you read Momastary's blog lately?  Loved it.  She took people who appear completely put together, successful and happy and outlined their greatest fear-check it out.
I don't feel like I'm fooling anyone, I'm pretty open about the things that I feel unsure of or unsatisfied with.  So it's no secret.
And then I see that there are amazing people ALL Over the world, going through hard things.  Being strong.  Letting them self be weak so they can grow.  Owning their decisions. Making changes. Clinging to the smallest glimmer of hope.  Moving forward.  Surviving.  Sacrificing their desires and wants for their family or friend.

And I know so many of these people.  And I adore their lives.  I want to write "their little lives" because our lives seem so little when you look through the whole scope.  But everyone's life IS huge.

So when someone says "but this is the one life you get."  I get really dizzy.  Easy to forget. Someone recently said to me "This is the one life I have and this is who I picked. And he picked me."  Whoa.
 Another said "I feel so sad that I picked him. I picked wrong".  And I thought, yeah but you have so much of this one life left....also easy to forget.


I'm blessed to know so many people and watch their journey, their one life.  I am thankful to be part of decisions, choices, thoughts and emotions with all these guys.  They are amazing.
People like this:











So....one life. Be easy on yourself and on others.   Make sure to live it right.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Raina - you are truly beautiful inside and out. Great post. JG

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

And.......the choices you make usually bring other people, friends, children, experiences...that shape you. Everything builds your life! Great post!

Barb said...

I just received a birthday magnet that says "Do more of what makes you happy" and I think I do that, EVERY weekend. Change is also inevitable during our one life, challenging and adventurous but scary and sad too. I must admit to being afraid of every single change that comes my way, but then so much life gets added to my heart, and we can still keep those close to us who we have to say goodbye to. Stay in touch, do things, communicate, never hesitate to plan things. Great blog to reflect on Raina