Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red White and Blue





It's been an interesting and different Fourth of July for us this year. 
I'm blogging so ya'll know I'm not at the fireworks.  Instead Hugh is fast asleep in his crib and Bailee is shaking in her boots next to me (She hates the booms). 
As my sister would say-this is our season.  I'm glad Eli and Andy have smiles on their faces right now.  The weather is perfect.


Andy had to work this morning and so it sort of felt like any other day of the week.  But I did attempt to put the boys in Red, White and Blue.



It's hard to instill the feelings of patriotism into the young kiddos.  But I still try and always feel patriotic, proud and grateful.

So no matter what your tradition is, a parade, the fireworks, the sizzle of a cook out, a cold beer or a root beer float, icecream in a waffle cone, cotton candy, sparklers or listening to the booms on the couch with your dog and your littlest not even knowing what he is missing, even if you are like us and have no yearly tradition (yet)-enjoy the holiday-red white and blue style. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the red, white and blue, and little scabby knees too, and those smiles! Tis the season to be patriotic. bs

Jessica said...

Eli's so happy, love these pictures. I think I'm the only mom in America that didn't take a picture of kids in red, white and blue. Ha

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Funny you mention the season. Ed has picked up on me saying this in the last month and it drives him crazy. And so he is now using it.

Your traditions will evolve as your family moves from season to season!