Friday, June 8, 2012

Just Sayin' ....on a Friday

I'm stealing the phrase from my sister- Just sayin'.

Today it's Friday and I haven't blogged for over a week.  I've been working, sleeping, nursing, playing, hosting, running, reading, listening, disciplining, planning, calling, paying, smiling...just sayin'.


Hughie is getting so big, long and strong.  He can officially sit in the bumbo, the exosaucer and the swing outside.  Oh yeah and he also is spending time in the jumperoo in the doorway by our kitchen.  He actually jumps and I think he loves to be looking forward instead of up. 





I can't believe all of this.  I have a friend who has a daughter almost 3 weeks older than Hughie.  I love it, she keeps me on track when she tells me which milestones her daughter is accomplishing and we can share in the highs and lows of being a mother to a second lil babe.  The fun texts and the "I'm struggling" today texts...misery loves company in those situations- just sayin'. 

Hughie is looking less and less like his older brother.  I have a tough time saying "big brother" these days because Hughie is chunking up just enough that Eli may soon be his smaller big brother.  Just sayin'.

Eli is still having a tough time at bedtime and I'm still working on choosing my battles with him.  But he sure is saying the cutest things.  He is really "in" to ants and bugs.  He likes to squish them between his 2 fingers and then show me.  He likes to stare out the window and shout when he finds an ant.  Not my thing-just sayin'.  He's all boy when it comes to those things.   But this morning at breakfast (15 minutes after Andy left the house) Eli said "Where is papa?  Maybe he's hungry".  When he talks sometimes it's just a stream of thoughts, without a breath.  It's almost like he is figuring out what he wants to say while he's saying it.  He also won't stop talking about trains.  I think it's an obsession.  He has to interrupt me when I talk to anyone to ask or tell about trains.  It's time for this boy to get on a real train to take a ride.  Just sayin'.  Yesterday we had on Mickey Mouse Club House-who knows the Hot Dog Dance? Yes-I was doing the hot dog dance, trying to get a smile out of him, and trying to get him to get up and do it with me.  But he interrupted me very seriously and said "But mom is Pluto small?".  Right now he's doing the alphabet puzzle.  He has all the letters lined up in a straight line and he is pointing at them and saying what they are and every few letters he says "I don't know that one. I don't know that one. T!"  Makes me smile.  He also just did a 35 piece puzzle, quietly and alone.  BLISS. Just sayin'.



And yesterday...oh yesterday!  A new milestone (Yes T you accomplished this one AND posted about it well before me) I caught my boys together.  Yes-interacting together.  Finally Eli makes an effort to spend a moment with his little brother.  It made my heart swell.  Just sayin'.



What are you doing this Friday?  Working?  Leaving early?  Big plans tonight? Laying low?
Today we will:
Go get my bridesmaid dress
Attempt to get wedding outfit for Eli
Pick up Bailee from Aunt Pat's house
Play in the backyard (more ants?)
Maybe a glass of wine on the deck after kiddos in bed, or a little earlier if needed.  Just sayin'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love our texts too! It definitely has been fun to navigate all of this with someone. I have a bug-boy too...they are all his "buggy friends." Watch closely or they will wind up in your house!! :)
T

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

Such a fun post!
Eli IS a fan of bugs..and I love it! I love every kid's passion for what they love or are interested in! It's great to see!
And Hugh..those legs..I could just squeeze them all day..I got to see them bouncing in the doorway jumper..what an investment for that kid! He loves it!
pw