Wednesday, June 27, 2012

3

Celebration has been thick in our household.  Not only was there a big wedding but a big third birthday for this boy. 
Eli, you are a true joy in my life.  You make me laugh every day.  Sometimes I can't wait to share your story so I tell anyone and everyone the littlest detail that makes me so proud.  And boy do you love when I am proud of you.  A lot has happened this last year-you transitioned to a big boy bed. You became a big brother.  You stay home with mama a lot more now. You can do puzzles alone.  You play with play dough, paint, know how to use your tee-ball and play in the sandbox by yourself.



You say the awesomest things.  Currently you are really good at saying: Lasterday and Yesternight or even lasternight in reference to something we did the day (or 5) before.  You remember everything.  Also you like to check in on what is my favorite. "Is that your favorite mama?  mine too!". 
White truly is your favorite color. That never wavers. And you know that mine is purple. But you like to double check and smile big.




You test me in so many ways.  When I am getting frustrated you like to say me "Mama, are you good or are you bad?"  You also love to say "Are you happy or are you sad?". 

You want to be helpful but only on your own account and usually with tasks that are too big for your britches.  You are the most stoubborn person I know and I am completely sure that I will never meet anyone who can repeat the same thing over and over as many times as you. 


You still aren't a big eater and it shows.  You are 3 feet and 1.25 inches long (50th%) and you weigh exactly 27 pounds (5th%).  It gives you a BMI (body mass index) of 13.5 which is underweight (and <5th %) for kiddos.  I still worry about your health every day.  I wonder about your platelets and your growth but I try not to focus on it because you do every single thing physically that I could ever imagine.  Nothing slows you down.

You know your ABC's, you can count to 17, you can even spell your name.  You are turning into an interested big brother and you like to dance. 

You love:
trains
bugs
waterparks
corn on the cob
marhsmallow cereal
"nilla" icecream
popsicles
running free
diggers and cement mixers
tomatos and taocs
garbage trucks
dirt

You don't like:
pickles
meat
long movies
loud noises
fire
bedtime

You call your cousins "Friends" and often tell me or papa that we are your best friend.  It is so totally endearing. 

I hope you liked all the gifts you got this year.  I hope you know how much of a gift you are to me-every single day.
Let's see what this third year brings you. 
Love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake was awesome. Bet he loved it. Every time I see him I am amazed at how "mature" he is. He seems so big to me and go do so many things. Glad he had a fun birthday. JG

Barb said...

Do you see the joy in that boy's face? Honestly, do you see it? You are doing things right and it shows! Eli's Happiness level has to be 100th percentile for a 3 year old. We love this little man.

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie! Loved threes. They are so funny!
T