Monday, June 25, 2012

6-23-12

A new date to remember.


But how could you possibly forget it?  These two tied the knot. 
The day was just too perfect and my camera did not capture it well at all. The images just don't do it justice.  I think other folks have some really great shots that I want to share-so below are some of my favorites mixed in with others shots.


 We were both honored to stand up in this wedding.  I was in awe of the ceremony and the vows they created for each other were amazing. 

 My sister did a great speech-and there she is -looking beautiful.  I saw many crying and heard a lot of laughter.  I was so proud of her-I was just too shy.  Thank you Sarah for speaking on my behalf. It was rather special.  There were other speeches too, and they were also really good. And I think that says it all about this new husband and wife.  It's not often you go to a wedding and hear 5 really great, touching speeches. 



I wanted to capture so many of the special, little touches they worked so hard on.  But after the dinner I just put my camera away and celebrated.  I'm glad I did.  I captured the memories in my head and hoped that someone else was capturing them on film. 



Wish this one above wasn't blurry....



Thanks to all who helped wrangle this little boy!

I guess Liz hasn't played croquet before.
I've asked Andy what his favorite moments of the wedding are and when he asks me I start listing it all: The first dance, Liz singing at the beginning, the kids walking down, the speeches, the music, the dance/reception, the place, ....I can't come up with a favorite. 

I loved so many of the words they spoke to each other during the ceremony.  I am in awe of the emotion it evoked in so many in the audience and even more, myself.  I wish I had the guts and the confidence to have done that.  I liked the parts of "promising to keep" and the weekends on the couch alternated with the many places that they have traveled. The hide in seek in the dark, climbing trees, too many crepes, too many popcorn dinners and "You do the counters while I do the dishes".  The endless support they hand each other for all their endeavors. 





Congratulations Greg and Liz.  I am so excited for this part of your life.  I am truly happy you had perfect weather and everything pulled together so well.  I am really delighted and blessed to gain an aunt for my kiddos, a sister in law to play Pictionary with and a wife for my brother. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like such a unique wedding! Love everything about it from the pics. Want to see rr all dressed up!
T

Nora said...

Beautiful pictures. It looks like it was a really lovely wedding. Eli is adorable, of course.