Friday, July 8, 2011

Dove's Message To Me

Today at work I decided to indulge in a piece of chocolate I had sitting on my desk.


It was dark chocolate and I don't like that much but I indulged anyways.

It was one of those Dove ones, where they have a "fortune" written on the inside of the wrapper.

Kara and Dena (officemates) and I like to open them together and read them. We hang some of them up.

One of mine said "It's OK to be fabulous AND flawed".  Just like that. With a capitol AND.



While I was opening mine, I thought about the upcoming weekend and how I'm flying solo like my sister, Sarah (but with only 1 hahaha!) and like my friend Jessica who does it every night after working full time. Since I don't do it often, and I'm not usually with him by myself at night all week, I'm not used to it. I need to be patient and kind with him and mostly I need to be ON the floor with him, playing and watching him learn etc.
While I opened it, I just KNEW it was going to tell me something particular about this weekend. It was going to tell me to smile over the little things, or to enjoy the moments you can't get back etc etc. I asked Dove to please send me a message about patients, love or quality family time.  I had to laugh OUT loud when I opened it and read "Take a moment for yourself". Hahahaha. How does THAT help when I'm going into a weekend of 1:1 action with my lil tot?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Just a moment after bed to relax and recharge to give that little bugger the extra attention you don't think is quite in you for the next night. It is hard but I think it will be a great memory for you, that special Mommy time we don't get too often. Hope that tomorrow brings you a lot of fun and laughter. JG

Barb said...

Could that little Dove candy come back to bite you in the butt? Love all the quotes! Have fun today!

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

so..how was the weekend flying solo??? fill us in!
pw