Buttons Buttons Buttons
Who knew I had so many?
Eli knew and he knows just how to push them all. Especially tonight. It hurts hurts hurts to get so frustrated with him at night after work. I'm hardly with him all day and the little time we spent together tonight was spent dealing with all the buttons he was pushing. This, that or the other thing. Doesn't matter. He knew it, I knew it, Andy's buttons were being pushed too.
But then....ahhhh then. We rocked extra long tonight. We read "george". We cuddled up. We talked about everything we would do the next day. He rested his face on my shoulder, close enough that I could feel his damp, sweaty breath on my neck and I softened. Attention and love is all he needs. No matter how many buttons he pushes, he DESERVES the attention and love that he needs. I owe it to him. I will work harder to not let those buttons be so reachable for him.
Love you bugs!
2 comments:
I had some buttons being pushed too today. I know how yucky it feels to not have the reaction you strive for as a mama. Keep on keepin' mama Raina. You are doing your best and it is exactly what he needs! He is lucky to have you as a mom. Glad you had that cuddle moment with him.
Must be a full moon. My buttons were pushed this morning and I did not handle it in the best way probably. We both collected ourselves and wound up having a good day, but I hate those moments of being so irritated. At least they pass and we can keep trying to learn from them.
Post a Comment