Saturday, December 4, 2010

A thought on dance

Why is it that everyone has a difference in opinion about choice in music? I like so many different kinds but I know a lot of people who are not interested or even disgusted by listening to different genres of music.  I can tap my foot to rock, pop or even light rap, I can sway my hips to music from a musical, an 80's song and I can even sing along to many 60's songs.  I enjoy the light piano or orchestra music and I can enjoy a song for the story behind it as well as liking just the beat.  Some songs are favorites for 3 weeks and then are overplayed at home or on the radio.  Currently a lot of Christmas music is being played a lot at our house.
I can understand and appreciate those who show great loyalty to their favorite musicians and those that refuse to listen to loud rap or country music. 
But me...I like it all.
The best part of music-the way it makes me want to dance. I'm not good at dancing-but I'm good at loving to dance.  Anybody can dance....even if you can't sing along very well.  Regardless if you can walk, run or touch your toes-you can dance. Even if you're in a wheel chair, or are stiff, even if you have no hair, no beat or rhythm, are sober or bored----you can smile and move something to whatever beat you hear or your body feels.
I love to dance.  I often dance around the house and ask Andy to join me.  (He does when he's in a good mood).  Andy is a great dancer.  He is the best wedding date because he will pull anyone on to the floor and within minutes, that person is glowing, smiling, laughing and moving in any way they are comfortable. 
Below is a video that my brother sent me the other day. 
It shows clips from movies and tv shows of people dancing.
My favorite are:
Hugh Grant (and others) shaking it in Love Actually
Phil  (and others)from Modern Family
The Man (or woman HA!) from the movie Labyrinth
and of course Mr. Depp in that famous Pirates movie---RUM!

Enjoy. Let me know your favorite dancers...or your favorite dance move. Or just get up and dance along!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

haha i love this :) i love the little girl from little miss sunshine or the dance scene from 13 going on 30!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

That was fun! I need to watch Love Actually again. forgot about that seasonal movie!