I've dreamed of this day.
To be sitting in bed, online, blogging or checking email or watching YouTube or managing my bank account.
I know I look just like one of those girls in the movies and sitcoms. The pretty girl getting over a breakup, or a death, or a fight with her best friend. A #2 pencil holding my messy ponytail up or clenched between my teeth. Showing off a big baggy t-shirt that somehow makes me look sexy, hanging off the shoulder or an eluding v-neck. Writing an email. Hitting erase. Re-writing. Contemplating sending it or hitting send to early. Internet chatting with a friend or family member. Writing a new resume. A letter.
I'm picturing myself as that girl. But let's not kid ourselves.
I'm plain jane. I'm wearing pink pajama pants with Andy's long sleeved tshirt. A regular pony tail. A dog at my feet. I just checked on my totally adorable son in his crib and I'm ready for bed. But I'm blogging from bed. Something I've wanted to do for a long time.
I've been nervous about getting a lap top. I've wanted one so bad I've thought
1. I don't deserve it.
2. We shouldn't spend the money
3. What if we get the wrong one?
4. What if I don't even use it?
5. What if I don't know how to use it?
6. What if it gets in the way of every day life?
7. What if it makes all my dreams come true?
Sometimes when you want something so bad, you accept that you aren't going to get it. And the thought of actually buying it, getting it, using it-scares the bajeebers out of you.
Fortunately for me, my husband is so darn supportive, that he has continued to encourage me to pick a lap top out and buy it. He knows it will make me happy.
I'm sure I won' t make the effort to really blog in bed very often. It's not something that is going to make me a better person or get me further in life.
But it is me, allowing myself to enjoy something that really makes me happy.
And I can confidently say that this makes my husband just as happy as it makes me. I may look at myself as selfish, but it is not often that I actually allow myself to indulge in something I really want as much as this. It was just one of those things for me. (and if you really know me, you would not think I'm a cold, heartless person who only enjoys the "things" in life. I totally enjoy the moments, the people, the memories, my health etc. Here I go again, feeling guilty for having a laptop and blogging in bed).
Maybe it was something on my bucket list. Accomplished.
I feel like I am now initiated into 2010-wireless, laptop, Internet anywhere in the house.
Blogging from bed.
(I can even do pictures! Man is he handsome!)
4 comments:
So happy for you Raina! Thought maybe you were too young for a "Bucket List" but no, that's not true! Everyone should have one now and check it often.
sooooooooooooooo happy for you. know you will LOVE it and LOVE the flexibility.
I find it's similar to dvr...it's not that i watch MORE tv..just more efficient use of my tv time. same with laptop for me.
happy blogging. happy surfing. happy bill paying. happy laptop!
pw
Incredibly HAPPY for you! Enjoy the indulgence, your dream coming true, enjoy the convenience, enjoy the comfort, enjoy the feeling of getting things done but also being cozy and warm in your bed this winter! YEAH! Wonderful timing to get a new fun toy! Merry Early Christmas :)
Enjoy! You know how excited I am for you!
Post a Comment