Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My first in second

My first child needs a few lessons in the waiting game.  Although he probably knows how to wait in line at school, he is brand new to waiting and watching his brother/s do something.  So he is second in the 3 boy line up for a recap of the last few months.







Eli has taken to being a big brother x 2 pretty well.  He does show interest in trying to soothe or calm Crosby but it is VERY short lived.  If he is not successful immediately he gives up pretty easily.  Eli's car seat got moved to the far back seat in our mini van (yes we have two!) and since Crosby is rear-facing, Eli is the baby police.  He can tell us if Crosby is sleeping, spitting up or has his had cocked in a funny position.  He is still working on his skills of being big bro to Hughie-which is a whole lot more difficult.  Hugh gives him quite the run for his money and Eli's reactions are a direct reflection of me during my inpatient times less patient, less mature and less calm than I'd like them.  So we continue to work on this daily with him, reminding him that he isn't the parent or that isn't the way to handle a situation, and also to change his voice (again-direct reflection?).
He does love to play with Hughie and has taught him quite a bit about being a boy, Minecraft (which we don't even own) and Star Wars.




Always with a sucker....Eli's first Brewer game-with his best bud Connor!

Eli and his two best friends from school: Eli H and Evan

Eli's Kindergarten teacher


Eli is in first grade.  He has 2 teachers this year, a man and a woman.  His class from last year got split in two and most of his friends ended up in the other class.  He seems to be doing fine and I, being the nosy mom that I am, can't wait for the first set of conferences.  He's reading really well, doing math I probably learned in 4th grade and definitely needs work on his penmanship.   His favorite parts of the day are his two recesses and his gym class.

Eli loves all things Star Wars, Lego, Minecraft, Halloween/Holiday, fishing, the cottage, his cousins and bugs.  It was quite the summer with bugs, spiders and small animals.






He's riding on 2 wheels.  His favorite color is white.  He's lost a few teeth.  He likes to ask "Do you have anything that is not useful to you?" and then pull out his scissors, glue and markers and make something out of it.  He also likes to make ship after ship after ship out of legos, show it to me after each single piece he places and ask over and over if I like it.  I always do of course.








He is doing flag football and taekwondo.  I'm a little nervous he thinks he's learning to box.  Working on that.  And he is the shyest, least aggressive football boy, but that's ok too.  He chose it and it's fun for Andy and I to watch.  The first weekend they ran drills on the big turf field with the high school team.  It gave me chills.


This was the position Eli was in for most of the vacation-bent over looking for minnows and crayfish





Eli's favorite food is cheeseburgers, apples, pizza and tacos.  He is a really great eater and will try anything.  There isn't much he doesn't like, but continues to be a slowwww eater.  And still skin and bones.








Eli can be very shy.  Eli can be very outgoing.  It's all situational.  This last year he has become the loudest Eli I ever knew.   I love his spunk and his love for all the little things, like a big leaf he finds on the side of the road or an exciting new book at the library.  Eli had a Lego 6th birthday party.  I'm hoping to post some pictures from that someday--sigh.













I want to keep this kiddo small.  I want to keep him young and unknowing.  I won't let myself think about his future too hard.  It can be really scary to think that he keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger.  


ahhhh....my Eli.  Classic-wearing girl jeans (shhh-they fit SO good because he's so skinny) and his shirt buttoned totally wrong for his picture session!

Love him-so much and every day.

3 comments:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Didy comment post

Lynne said...

love it. can't believe he's 6!

Anonymous said...

Love this little soul, his ways, when he tries to talk me into something, his busy-ness, love of so many special people in his life, his enjoyment of many foods, cantaloupe and watermelon too, and of course trains, Legos, books and bugs and play, play, play! Go Eli!! Love, Grandma Barb