I volunteered to go on Eli's school field trip. I love the zoo and I couldn't wait to watch Eli in his element, running with his buddies and checking out the animals. It was fun but let's just say I may not volunteer for this event next year. We spent 4.5-5 hours at the zoo which may be a bit too long for 4 year olds. It was COLD. Windy and COLD. I was in pain, my toes numb. Luckily the kiddos didn't complain about the cold. There were enough parents that I was only in charge of Eli and one other kiddo. Thank goodness. This ill man that came along with Eli and I is cute and sweet but definitely an only child. He didn't understand what it meant to wait for someone else to stop looking and didn't follow the rules of sticking together. I was on my toes. We visited most of the indoor exhibits twice (to stay warm) and even ran into another group and let the boys play hide and seek in the giraffe house so we could warm up a bit.

It was quite tough to get a good picture of both of these goofballs.
You can tell they are in their glory together.
I wonder what another mom would have thought about Eli's behavior if I hadn't been there. Next year I will watch the weather report before volunteering. A few days later we ventured back to the zoo with Hugh, who was also a challenging kiddo to be in charge of at the zoo.
2 comments:
That last picture of Eli and his friend is really good. Eli is such a gorgeous little boy.
field trips are exhausting for all involved. I remember them as the teacher and I have experienced them as the parent. Super mama for volunteering for the all day zoo one. WOW! I have the teacher insight to skip that one! haha
Post a Comment