I won't bother you with my various physical woes. Those closest to me know that I'm battling what most late-in-the-game pregnant ladies experience and it's no fun. I'm doing my best to control my moods and emotions when I'm at work. I get so many comments I've started to tally them. If I have to return to work on Monday I'll try to bring those stats home with me. One gal says I look happy. I told her it was a lot of fake smiles throughout the day. One morning I took the stairs and someone told me I was brave. After a full morning of the stairs (up and down, up and down) I decided to take the elevator. The first co-rider had to comment that I was taking the elevator instead of the stairs. I told her-"well I took the stairs all morning and I didn't have a single contraction."
I've been blessed with a healthy Eli and an awesome husband. Eli has turned into this incredibly talkative, I-make-sense type of boy. It makes Andy and I smile and it makes me shake my head. He is constantly on the look out for some witch that is hiding somewhere and will come out to get us. He plays make believe with his cars and always wants someone to play with him. He talks to the baby belly and says "You want to come out? Ok! Ok!" ha. We've been taking him to lots of fun places...just him. The only. For now.
The baby swing is ready....but so far is being used to store Thomas's.
We also have been working on discipline, the idea of a baby and what that means for him as a big brother and also his sleep habits. We started a zzzzzz (sleeping) sticker chart for him and this worked swell. He gets a sticker if he goes to bed well and if he behaves in the morning. He picked the spot for the sticker chart and I love it. It's posted on the back of our front door-so he passes it every night when he makes his way for the stairs. Every time he got a sticker on the 5th day, he got a special surprise. This kept it very exciting.
Tonight I'm smiling because I have 2 awesome friends with 2 new baby girls-I'm so excited to meet them both. And it makes me wonder if girls come in 3's or if I'll have the boy they can fight over ;)
Tonight I'm smiling because I have this awesome man in my life (Happy 31st birthday!)
| That's a yummy icecream cake that I made him for his special day |
Tonight I'm smiling because tomorrow is Sunday, NOT Monday.
Tonight I'm smiling because the new season of Survivor starts this week.
Tonight I'm smiling because I've been using the ipad more to talk to my sister over chat and facetime with my mom and my sister at random times.
Recently:
For Eli: We have taken a trip to a Children's museum and spent a few hours at an indoor park that he got to run wild in. Both Grandma's came to visit. We painted a wooden sailboat (Boy does that boy like to paint) and have been snuggling as much as we can.
For Andy: We celebrated his birthday with a steak dinner out (His choice) and homemade icecream cake. He got a few presents and a surprise baby shower at work!
For Me: I painted my toes for the labor and delivery room, I lay in bed for an extra 20-30 minutes in the morning and I called the nurse when I had concerns.
For the baby: We are still talking about names. This is so hard for us! We are putting as much thought as we can without becoming obsessed. I've been eating spicy food, doing extra walking and all the other things they suggest to get labor going. But I'm also working VERY hard at accepting that you are comfortable in there.
Like I said I'm going through a lot of emotions. One big one is 5 minute spurts of worry. I allow myself to be worried for 5 minutes and then I move on. Recently my worries are that the baby is getting huge. I just want to know that the baby won't get stuck and I won't be hurting. My other worry is that all I have to compare this experience with is my previous one. That's totally normal and expected. The pregnancy, tests and scans have been normal. Nothing to be concerned about. But I'm worried that since something unexpected and never really explained as far as etiology happened, that it could happen to us again. I'm not worried the same type of unexplained thing would happen-but more so that something different unexpected could come about. It causes my heart to flutter a little bit. 5 minutes Raina. Breathe.
I can't wait to share my news with everyone. I can't really focus on anything except the inevitable--when to call Grandma Barb to come be with our 1st and only little so that our next love can come into this world!


5 comments:
just left this long omment and then it didn't save. pissed. will try again later. dumb.
oh it might work.
I said, that i was so honored to get text updates during CK's labor...I want facetime updates from my real sister! hahaha.
Happy husband! Happy Birthday. Love the booze bottles peeking in the background.
Love Eli's updates. Such a grown up little fellow. REady to be big brother. His life is going to change so beautifully any minute.
Stop and breathe. I think I told you that with Eli. The people who really matter think you are beautiful and patient, believe it or not. you'll be done before you know it, and your life will be challenging and wonderful at the same time. Enjoy these last few day(s) with your family. Then enjoy the next lifetime with your new family. Hope to see you this week, in a hospital gown and not in your white coat.
coc
sorry, put my missed comment on a different blog, so I'll say it again.
Happy birthday Andy.
coc
Cannot wait for news!!
T
can't believe there are so many thomas' in your house!! but oh so cute!! love that you're all ready..just need that bundle to start giving you signs that he/she is ready to join us!
you're doing an AWESOME job waiting and you're doing SUCH thoughtful things for all of your family members. i love this and am so proud of you!
pw
Post a Comment