
Dear World,
I made it! My first birthday has come and gone. I'm amazing!!!!
I went and saw Dr. B (who is back from being on sick leave and seems to be doing very well!). He gave me a clean slate of health. I'm progressing nicely in every way. I got 2 neat band aids after shots that dad helped me through.
I have tripled my weight (and more) in my first year of life.
Here are my stats:Height:
29.5 inches (between 25-50th %)
Weight: 17 lbs 14.5 oz (< 3%) Head: mama didn't write it down, but on the chart it says 25%
I continue to stay on track with where I was when I was born. Mom, Dad and Dr. B talked a little about my weight and what is next for me. It sounds like I might get whole milk fortified with some yummy stuff soon.Here's what I want you to know about me:
-I am on a 2 a day nap schedule and I go to usually go to bed early around 6:30. I sleep through the night too!
-I am a really fast crawler. Everyone says I'm very quick. I would describe it as determined. I know where I want to go. Please don't get in my way.
-I don't like to sit still, not even for books. I don't have time right now. Soon.
-I am a climber. I dash (on my knees) to the stairs if there is no gate up and I climb so fast. I also like to climb up on the couch, coffee table, on top of toys, under kitchen chairs, inside boxes and bins and all over Bailee. I know how to turn around and slide down things too!
-I can walk. I really can. But it is just not fast enough. I push things (little tables, my new shopping car, trucks, chairs) around the kitchen and cruise like the best of 'em on furniture. I'm not that interested in it yet though.
-I do have some choking problems with certain foods. I know it's ok, it's mom who gets in a tizzy about it. My favorite foods are probably my yogurt, applesauce, noodles or chicken with gravy. -I can clap, wave bye-bye, and do sign language for please. I forgot how to ask for "more" in sign language but I had mastered that skill.
-I love my doggy Bailee. I say "gog" when I want to see her. I throw her my leftovers from my highchair. I like to follow her around, pet her feet and lay my head down on her. We like to play under the table together. She has been sleeping outside of my room. I always know she is there for me. We are going to have many adventures together.
-I look good in stripes. (Mom told me to add that one).
-I'm show a lot of expressions and emotions. I tell you how i feel with my facial expressions and actions. I furrow my brow, smile small and big, show my little dimple, open my mouth silently and lean my head on yours lovingly.
-I started swim lessons and now take a bath in the big boy tub!
-I play hard: "fast and furious" as my Aunt Sarah would say.
Life is good. I'm mom's little angel and dad's little dare devil. Here are a few recent pictures of me.

3 comments:
you are my favorite little elijah!! love you and love hearing all about you..especially when i can't always see it all for myself!
pw
You say "gog"?????? Is that your first word? A special blog Raina!
ELIJAH I LOVE YOU!!!! you are the cutest little boy ever!! and thanks to your mommy for being so wonderful about documenting it all :) love love love the picture of you with the soccer ball in it!! HUGS little man!! and hugs to your momma for me
Post a Comment