Saturday, July 30, 2016

Safety Town!

Hugh Lou completed his week of Safety Town today.  He loved it.  Every day he excitedly told me all about what he learned, snacked on and which friends he made.  Each day I picked him up he was ending the class in "the city" riding on a trike, a car or in the "firehouse".  But today...ooooh today....the last day.  I could see his head over in the corner.  When I rounded the corner there he sat-in a little chair with a seat-belt on.  I don't know how long he was practicing sitting in a chair with a big boy seat-belt on across his chest-but he was PROUD.  I know my boys think that when I tell them something I'm just being a mean, nagging mom.  I remind them that usually what I'm warning them about is something to keep them safe and healthy. So when these cool "teachers" reiterate all these safety rules it has much more of an impact. I truly believe that kids could continue to take safety town up until the age of 20!!!

I know you can't tell because he is wearing his arm immobilizer, but he is sitting in a chair with a seatbelt taped to the chair!

This is literally 30 seconds after he cried because his police sticker "badge" ripped. 


It seemed like they learned about multiple topics each day...I know he learned more than he told me about when he came home.  They got to see a fire truck and police car.    
A few of the things Hughie "learned"
-Hold hands with an adult when walking in the street
-Don't pet a dog by his mouth
-Ask "remission" if you want to pet a wild dog
-You can't pet an elephant, even in the zoo-they can bite you with a tusk
-If you catch on fire you stop, drop and roll
-If you see a fire in your house you spray it with water (????????!!! ahhhhh)
-You sing the ABC's while you wash your hands and brush your teeth
-If you drink soda it's not good for your teeth.  If you eat ice cream it's healthy for you but it's not healthy for your teeth
-911, green light vs yellow light vs red light


1 comment:

Lynne said...

ice cream is healthy for you. he's learning good things :) love this!