Sunday, May 17, 2015

Discovered

With my new job I am blessed to be flexible with my working days and I can go on many field trips with Eli's kindergarten class.  This time we went to Discovery World.  This is what I discovered:
1. I keep my fingers crossed for a small group of kiddos
2. I keep my fingers crossed to not be stuck with "that" kid-you know what I'm talking about.  And I always wonder if Eli is "that" kid when I'm not around!?
3. Being a little silly with my group on the bus ride there builds rapport, which helps when things get chaotic.  They know I'm fun and they trust me when the time is right-they need to be quiet or hold hands.
4. Boys are wiggly.  All. The. Time.  (maybe girls are too-I just didn't have any in my group)
5. There was a LOT to learn at Discovery World.  And everything is meant to be touched or pushed or experimented with.  Deep breaths for this mom and just let 'em at it.  There was minimal organized learning-no reading or explaining.  Just let them "discover" with their own sense.
6. Lunch time is still my favorite part of a field trip.  I love to see what other kids have in their lunches. I also enjoy watching Eli try to manage his time, his excitement and his food!  
7. The bus ride home is never as expected--I'm EXHAUSTED and no kids fell asleep (although one did get "bus sick").
Next field trip coming up: The zoo!









Bed of nails!




unrelated...just a song:


No comments: