Sunday, August 17, 2014

Camp Out

This year Andy's family decided to go camping for the yearly "family trip".  I love camping.  I grew up doing it and can remember many of my favorite parts.  But this was all new water we were about to tread in.  I had some fears of sleepless night in a tent with Hugh the boys.  I knew there was going to be sand and dirt and cooking over the fire for lots and lots of folks.

But the days that we were there were great.  We survived and thrived with the new experience.  This campground had
-a pool
-a river with sandbars you could walk to
-poison ivy right behind our site
-many other family friendly folks

We
-swam
-biked
-cooked and ate and drank well
-enjoyed the campfire
-and took training wheels off of Eli's bike

We slept enough-the boys did eventually settle down and Hugh even napped.

Here are my favorite shots from the days.
















I know I wasn't in any of the pictures-but I swear I was there!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love all of the photos to the max and know Grandma and Grandpa Roeder were there too :) It looks like an awesome time was had by all. Big summer for your kiddos this year!